From: Z Du <XXX>
Date: 21 February 2016 14:48:39 GMT
To: Naugul Durani >
Subject: Idris tawfiq
**Updates re: passing away of Idris Tawfiq**
Salaam Dear Friends,
It’s been an overwhelming few days having been inundated with literally thousands of messages of support following the passing away of Idris Tawfiq – He was truly an inspirational man who touched countless numbers of hearts and souls. So many people’s lives have been transformed by his gentleness, kindness, humility and wisdom – we’ve had support pour in from all over the world and even Christian and Jewish leaders who have been moved by his life. Truly a unique gift from Allah to us all and to Him he has returned.
We have a few updates and more to come – please read through carefully, support, comment and share with others 🙂
1. For those who’ve asked – Idris Tawfiq passed away at 8:30am on 17th February 2016 after a short battle with a serious heart condition. He had been unwell for the past few months however was able to spend the last few weeks of his life with his loved ones, especially his mother.
2. Due to the somewhat unexpected fashion of his death, the hospital has had to hold onto his body a little longer and his funeral will be delayed until next week, please standby for further details – Funeral is likely to be next Thursday or Friday
3. I have the following message to share from the family of Idris to all of you:
“We cannot thank you all enough for your kindness and help – Our heartfelt thanks to the Muslim community who have shown us nothing but love and kindness, which we are sincerely grateful for. We have been touched by the unity of everybody regardless of our differences in faith or background – this is what Idris strived for his entire life and it’s truly comforting in this moment of loss. Once again thank you again for all your help and love”
4. If you would like to write to Idris’s family, please address letters to “Mrs. Dennet” – This is Idris’s mother – It would very beautiful if you can write to her and the rest of Idris’s family and let them know just how special the man she raised was to so many people. Please email your letters to:firstname.lastname@example.org and I will ensure they reach the family in time
5. Many people have written testimonials and stories about Idris – We are trying to compile these so they are not lost in the digital world of facebook!! If you have written anything or would like to or have any photos or videos please email: email@example.com – and we will be compiling them all. We are looking forward to reading your messages and sharing them in due time
6. Alhumdolillah, it is very likely that Idris will be buried in Brookwood Cemetery in Woking where many great heroes of Islam including Sheikh Hasan Le Gai Eaton, Marmaduke Pickthall and others are buried – We feel this is a fitting tribute to the legacy of Idris and a place where he can be visited by generations in the future.
7. We will soon be launching a very special “Idris Tawfiq Memorial Fund” to continue his legacy – We are hoping to launch this at a special night of remembrance to be arranged in London in the next 6-8 weeks – please watch this space for further details – we hope you will be able to attend!!
8. We are also hoping to help the family with the funeral costs which are expected to be several thousands of pounds – If you are able to contribute to this, please get in touch with us as soon as possible on firstname.lastname@example.org – your help is much appreciated
9. On the same day he passed away, a close friend of Idris told me he had a dream that Idris was smiling gleefully and was happy – we take this as a good sign that Allah is pleased with Idris and he is in heavenly company.
10. Finally, we ask you all to reflect on Idris’s life, message and character, we pray Allah raises him and forgives him and grants him the highest levels of paradise. We have so much to learn from him and we can’t wait to share more of his amazing legacy.
We have a few updates and more to come – please read through carefully, support, comment and share with others
Sent from my iPhone