2. The Hebrew word “taph” (children)
3. The Hebrew word “lachem” (“for yourselves”)
4. The Ancient Interpretation of Numbers 31:18
5. Contemporary Interpretation of Numbers 31:18
6. “Forced” – Deuteronomy 21:14
The details that are given in Numbers 31:18 about the female captives caught and distributed to Moses’s men is disturbing for many reasons, as we read the verse closer. I have written about this verse before, however, I think we need to look at the Hebrew words closer and see how the verse was interpreted by classical ancient scholars.
Now, this article by no means is to bash or disrespect those who believe and follow the Bible. My intention is to analyse Numbers 31:18, on whether this verse is historical, came from God or was it inserted by men to satisfy their own lusts. I am leaning towards the…
View original post 7,682 more words